The undersigned, (hereinafter “Participant”), desiring to participate in one or more of the events, trainings, or participation programs (“Event”) arraigned, supported by or affiliated with Christ’s Reward, Inc., a Texas nonprofit corporation (“Christ’s Reward”), and enters into this Waiver, Release and Indemnity Agreement (“Release Agreement”) to induce Christ’s Reward to allow the Participant to attend the Event and other activities of Christ’s Reward (the “Ministry”). Participant understands that Christ’s Reward will rely upon this Release Agreement and that this executed Release Agreement is a requirement for the Participant to attend the Event and other Ministry.
Participant acknowledges that attendance and participation in the Event and other Ministry with Christ’s Reward is completely voluntary. Participant recognizes that Event and other Ministry will benefit the Participant and that as such Participant has received valuable consideration for the execution of this Release Agreement. Based on the foregoing, Participant hereby agrees with Christ’s Reward as follows:
1. This Release Agreement shall be valid throughout the entire world and universe from the date of execution and for one (1) year thereafter.
2. Participant does hereby release and forever discharge Christ’s Reward and all Christ’s Reward Related Parties (as hereinafter defined) from any and all claims, demands, actions and causes of action for any and all injuries, death, losses, liabilities, obligations, costs, expenses and/or damages sustained, incurred or suffered by Participant during, as a result of, or in any way related to the Event and other Ministry, including, without limitation, those relating to my leaving the United States of America and traveling to and from and visiting any foreign countries. WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY SPECIFICALLY RELEASES AND FOREVER DISCHARGES CHRIST’S REWARD AND ALL MINISTRY RELATED PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, ACTIONS AND CAUSES OF ACTION FOR ANY AND ALL INJURIES, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, OBLIGATIONS, COSTS, EXPENSES AND/OR DAMAGES SUSTAINED, INCURRED OR SUFFERED BY THE PARTICIPANT ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM OR AS A RESULT OF THE NEGLIGENCE (BUT NOT GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT) OF CHRIST’S REWARD OR ANY CHRIST’S REWARD RELATED PARTIES. As used herein, the term “Christ’s Reward Related Parties” shall mean and include Christ’s Reward and all of the corporations, partnerships, trusts, churches, children’s homes, orphanages, and other entities or enterprises whatsoever supported by Christ’s Reward, and all such other entities’ respective trustees, officers, directors, members, employees, agents, attorneys and representatives.
3. Without limiting the release set forth above, Participant acknowledges and understands that Christ’s Reward is not responsible for any claims, demands, losses, damages, costs or expenses sustained, incurred or suffered by Participant as a result of, arising from, or in any way related to any accident, injury or death, damage, loss or delay of baggage or other property, or delay, inconvenience, loss of enjoyment, upset, disappointment, distress or frustration, whether physical or mental, resulting from or in any way related to the act or omission of any airline, hotel, Co-op, hostel, travel agency or other independent party. WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY SPECIFICALLY RELEASES AND FOREVER DISCHARGES Christ’s Reward AND ALL MINISTRY RELATED PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, OBLIGATIONS, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, LOSSES, COSTS, OR EXPENSES INCURRED OR SUFFERED BY THE PARTICIPANT ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM OR AS A RESULT OF THE NEGLIGENCE OF ANY SUCH AIRLINES, HOTELS, TRAVEL AGENCIES OR OTHER INDEPENDENT PARTIES WITH RESPECT TO PARTICIPANT’S TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS.
4. Participant further acknowledges and understands that he/she is fully responsible to make his/her own arrangements, if any, to obtain any immunizations, inoculations, prescription drugs or medications recommended in connection with his/her travel to a particular foreign destination, any prescription drugs or medications related to treating or stabilizing any preexisting health condition, any medical advice or instruction regarding the suitability of certain foreign travel for individuals with particular health concerns, and any other such preventative healthcare service or medical instruction rendered by a health care provider in anticipation of or in connection with the Event and other Ministry. Participant acknowledges that medical services may not be available and that Christ’s Reward has no control over any medical services rendered or medical guidelines provided by any health care provider to Participant in connection with the Event and other Ministry. Christ’s Reward is not responsible for any claims, demands, losses, damages, costs or expenses sustained, incurred or suffered by Participant as a result of, arising from, or in any way related to the inability to obtain medical treatment or any medical consultation or treatment, illness, pandemic, injury or death, damage, loss, delay, inconvenience, upset, distress or frustration, whether physical or mental, resulting from or in any way related to either an act or omission by any such health care provider, or a medical condition or health problem that arises or becomes aggravated during the course of the Event and other Ministry. Participant agrees and acknowledges that exposure, contact, and infection with illnesses, including deadly illness and disease are an inherent risk of involvement with the Ministry, Events and involvement with Christ’s Reward. WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY SPECIFICALLY RELEASES AND FOREVER DISCHARGES Christ’s Reward AND ALL MINISTRY RELATED PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, OBLIGATIONS, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, LOSSES, COSTS, OR EXPENSES INCURRED OR SUFFERED BY THE PARTICIPANT ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM OR AS A RESULT OF: (I) THE INABILITY TO OBTAIN MEDICAL SERVICES, (II) THE NEGLIGENCE OF ANY HEALTH CARE PROVIDER WITH RESPECT TO PARTICIPANT’S MEDICAL ARRANGEMENTS, IF ANY, OR (III) A MEDICAL CONDITION OR HEALTH PROBLEM THAT ARISES OR BECOMES AGGRAVATED DURING THE PARTICIPANT’S VISITATION OF THE FACILITIES AND THE PROGRAMS.
5. Participant realizes that Christ’s Reward does not carry insurance to cover any ministry teams traveling abroad and will not be responsible for any costs incurred for medical treatment or transportation resulting from any illness or injury associated with this Event and other Ministry. It is Participant’s responsibility to verify that its present health insurance will cover Participant overseas, and/or to purchase, should Participant desire, supplemental travel insurance coverage for the duration of this project. WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY SPECIFICALLY RELEASES CHRIST’S REWARD AND ALL CHRIST’S REWARD RELATED PARTIES FROM ANY DUTY OR OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE MEDICAL SERVICE OR TREATMENT, LIFESAVING TECHNIQUES, FIRST AID, OR HOSPITAL TREATMENT FOR PARTICIPANT IN THE EVENT OF ANY INJURY OR SICKNESS SUSTAINED BY PARTICIPANT WHILE ON THE EVENT AND OTHER MINISTRY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WHILE TRAVELING TO AND FROM ANY FOREIGN COUNTRY.
6. Participant agrees and believes that the Bible commands Christians to make every effort to live at peace and to resolve disputes with each other in private or within the Christian church (see Matthew 18:15-20; Corinthians 6:1-8). Therefore, Participant agrees and consents that any claim or dispute arising from or related to this Release Agreement or any Program in which Participant participates shall be settled by mediation and, if necessary, legally binding arbitration in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association then in effect. All such mediation and arbitration shall take place in Dallas, TX. Judgment upon an arbitration award may be in any court otherwise having jurisdiction. Participant understands that these methods shall be the sole remedy for any controversy or claim arising out of this Release Agreement or any Program, and Participant expressly waives any right Participant may have to file a lawsuit in any civil court for any such claim or dispute, except to enforce an arbitration decision.
7. The invalidity or unenforceability of any particular provision of this Release Agreement shall not affect any other provision hereof, and in the event that any provision hereof is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, this Release Agreement shall be construed in all respects as if such invalid or unenforceable provision had never comprised a part hereof and the remaining
provisions hereof shall remain in full force and effect and shall not be affected by the invalid or unenforceable provision or by its severance herefrom. Furthermore, in lieu of such invalid or unenforceable provision, there shall be added automatically hereto and as a part hereof a provision as similar in terms and intent to such invalid or unenforceable provision as may be possible and be legal, valid and enforceable.
8. This Release Agreement shall continue in full force and effect and may be relied upon by Ministry and all Ministry Related Parties with respect to any visitation of any facilities, locations or participation in any Programs for a period of one (1) year from the date of execution hereof.
9. Participant understands that the use of photographs, video, media, etc. of minors taken may only be shown or used in compliance with State, Federal, and International Law and Treaties. Participant agrees to use and display photographs, video, media, etc. obtain on Event and other Ministry in compliance with all laws, code, and treaties. Additionally, Participant gives Christ’s Reward full and unlimited right and license to use, display, modification, etc. of any photographs, video, audio recordings, media or any other visual or audio reproduction that may be taken during my participation in the Event and other Ministry. The display and future use of this media extends to but is not limited to: website, blog, social media sites, print media, fundraising and display at events, in perpetuity and without any expectation of further compensation.
10. Participant understands Christ’s Reward reserves the right to cancel Participant’s Event and other Ministry at any time at its sole discretion.
I, the Participant named herein, am eighteen (18) years of age or older, and competent to sign this Release Agreement, or am the guardian of a minor Participant. This Release Agreement is binding on me and my executor, administrators and heirs. This Release Agreement shall apply to any and all Events and other Ministry (present or future) in which Participant participates or will participate, and in the event of any inconsistency or ambiguity between this Release Agreement and any earlier release form signed by Participant, this Release Agreement shall control.
I AM AWARE THAT MINISTRY AND TRAVEL (DOMESTIC AND FOREIGN) WITH CHRIST’S REWARD, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TRAVEL TO AND FROM ANY FACILITY, HAS INHERENT DANGERS THAT POSE A RISK OF HARM OR INJURY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DISEASE, LACK OF PROPER HEALTHCARE, CRIME, CIVIL UNREST, LACK OF PROPER HEALTH STANDARDS, AND LACK OF AIRPORT SECURITY.
I AM AWARE THAT I MAY SUFFER BODILY INJURY, ILLNESS OR PROPERTY DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF MY VISITATION OF FACILITIES AND PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAMS. HOWEVER, I VOLUNTARILY CHOOSE TO ASSUME THESE RISKS AND PARTICIPATE IN SUCH EVENTS AND OTHER MINISTRY. I HAVE FULL KNOWLEDGE OF THIS DOCUMENT’S LEGAL SIGNIFICANCE.